Friday, February 27, 2009

Racism Pt 2

So now I've had my little rant and had time to mull things over a bit it's time for a more serious and more precise look into things.
Mostly racism comes from two points.
The first one is from your parents. Growing up your parents know everything and if they have racist view points there is a good chance you'll pick them up. I know my mother once told me that she was slightly racist mainly because her father (my da) was racist and yeah he's fairly racist. I remember one time he came to our house cause at the time mum was babysitting and, almost had a heart attack. These were the nationalities that were present.
Madeline: PNG
Jarryd: Chinese.
Stephaine: Canadian (exchange student)
Shaun: Islander.
Josh: Aboriginal (friend of my brothers)
Over the years though Da doesn't mind Shaun these days and thinks he is a nice boy.
The other place people pick up racism is from one encounter with some fuckwit who just happens to be from another culture.
Of course the people that cop this the most, in this country anyway, are aboriginals.
I'm sure we've all experianced it. Riding on the train some dickhead causing trouble. 
One time there was this aboriginal lady on the train yelling at everyone. Asians were stupid boat monkeys who were trying to take over the world. And all the white people were trying to bring down black culture. She started yelling at one woman in particular about how she was a stupid white bitch slave driver. This 'white bitch' did nothing but get up and walk away. The aboriginal lady followed her tapped her on the shoulder and then punched her in the face. 
After such a thing happening and various other stories I've seen and heard I was pretty pissed off at that particular culture. 
But really think about it. It's the same as every culture. There are fuckwits and there are nice people. Thinking back there are plenty of nice Aboriginals I've met over the years. The main people are Alan the awesome guy I use to work with at the bakery, and Shaun the little boy I grew up next to who is now 10 almost 11 and while alot of kids his age are unruly, swearing little pains in the arse as far as I know he's awesome.
But this spreads to all cultures. Alot of people think of Asians as people that open convience stores and can't speak English, and yeah there are alot of those out there. But I've also come across quite a few who have the biggest blokiest 'Aussie' accent I've come across. And have prolly been in this country for more generations than some people.
Lets move on to the Middle Eastern society. What we hear alot about them is of course their religion. But for the most part I blame the media. Example is something like:
'Islamic extremist defies Australian culture and demands a change in society.'
is going to sell better than:
'New immagrants embraces Australian culture and exchanges burka for jeans.'
Happy stuff doesn't sell.
Going back to my work college (see part one), she once told me how a friend of her's was staying at her house because her boyfriend bashed her. She then told me:
"But he's from Papua New Guiene it's in his nature."
This is the most disgusting and one sided comment I have ever heard.
Also she said this in front of my other work college who is also from PNG Jen. But Jen is probable the nicest, most outspoken, selfless person I have ever met. 
There are plenty of white assholes out there! And if you look into you'll see that the superiour race is actually the Japanese. Their average IQ is 110. While here in Australia and America and England and other white dominant countries it's between 95 and 100.
So after all that what is the message?
Stop pumping images and thoughts into peoples brains.
I grew up not even noticing that my best friend was fucking phillio  until I was about 14 and noticed how much darker her appearance was compared to my pastiness. 
Thats the way it should be.
And I'm sure alot of people would lead less protests if their parents and the media didn't feed into the minds the injustises that were done to their forebearers.
Everyone should just shut the fuck up. Because as Muse say;
Together we're invincible.

Okay I think I'm done now. Damn that was long.

No comments:

Post a Comment